May 15, 2018
Why You Should Listen:
In this episode, you will learn about ozone therapy and the various considerations around using oxidation in dealing with chronic, systemic health challenges.
About My Guest:
My guest for this episode is Julie Matthews. Julie Matthews, CNC, CNE is a globally respected nutrition expert, published researcher, accomplished author, and inspirational educator. Her guidance is backed by sixteen years of clinical experience and scientific research with complex neurological and physiological needs; particularly autism and related disorders. She has lectured in more than 60 cities across three continents, been on television, radio, newspaper, blogs/podcasts and more, and published scientifically referenced articles in journals and websites. Julie's been featured by Price-Pottenger, honored by the National Association of Nutrition Professionals, sits on two scientific advisory boards including the Autism Research Center, and is a contributing author on a breakthrough scientific research study into diet and nutrition to improve autism published in 2018. Julie is a dynamic speaker who has educated professionals at trainings for Integrative Medicine for Mental Health, Autism Research Institute/DAN!, Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs, and the MINDD International Forum in Australia. During her early nutrition studies in 2001, Julie discovered that food and nutrition influenced the disorder of autism. She committed to investigate the connections then explain them to parents and clinicians that can make a difference helping children recover. Her final research paper at Bauman College became the basis for her award-winning book Nourishing Hope for Autism, which won the gold medal for "Most Progressive Health Book." It explains WHY food and nutrition affects the varied systems and biochemical pathways routinely occurring in autism and HOW to strategically apply a specialized diet to help children heal.
- What are the most important diet considerations?
- How do gluten and casein act like morphine in the body?
- When are ketogenic diets helpful and how long should they be used?
- What is the role of leaky gut in nutrition and food reactivity?
- How do we adapt our diets to be anti-inflammatory?
- What are some key nutritional considerations for those with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and histamine intolerance?
- How might one optimize their diet when dealing with SIBO/SIFO?
- What are oxalates, where might we encounter them, what problems might they create, and what can be done?
- Do bone broth and fermented foods have potential downsides?
- What is the role of probiotics in creating a healthy microbiome?
- What are phenols and salicylates?
- How does one obtain adequate sulfate?
Connect With My Guests:
May 14, 2018
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.